Ways to Get Involved
Like many non-profits, we rely on volunteers to supplement the year-round hard work of our staff. If you are interested, contact Tara Watson, AICL Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-951-7442.
AICL Board of trustees
AICL encourages members of the camp community (staff, parents, alumni, and general fans of camp) to run for the Board when there are vacancies. Candidates can be nominated by others or nominate themselves, and are then elected by members (see below). Here are the details:
- The term is three years.
- Board members are expected to do 8 hours a month of work for AICL OR donate or individually raise the equivalent of one week of tuition.
- Board work can include outreach, fundraising, drafting letters, writing grants, etc. It could also involve serving on one of our committees.
- The Board meets approximately every six weeks via video conference.
- Board members must attend camp's annual planning meeting, either in person (preferably) or via video conference. This meeting typically takes place in Knoxville, TN in the month of December.
Another way to be involved with AICL is to become a member. Members can vote in elections for the Board of Trustees. To become a member, you must have either:
- been an employee or volunteer, in good standing, for at least three years (they can be non-consecutive) since 2002
- or have paid for/ sponsored a camper for at least five separate years since 2002
Members must renew their membership status every year and pay an annual fee of $5. You can pay the annual fee on our donation page or mail it to AICL c/o Margaret Hoff 12201 McDougal Rd Millfield, OH 45761. Click here to fill out the form: